You’ve probably heard all the buzz & hoopla. Re-targeting. Re-marketing. So, what is it? And, better yet, savvy RV dealers are asking, “What’s in it for me?”
Here’s A Snapshot of Re-Targeting (a.k.a. Re-Marketing) and How It Works:
- RV consumers visit RVT.com and shop for an RV.
- They specifically search for your brands (or they are located in your target geographic area.)
They leave RVT and now your banner ads “follow” these “known-to-be-looking” buyers (inconspicuous yet ever-present and compelling) around the Web, over time, as they plan out their RV purchases.
Brilliant! And, here’s why …
- You KNOW they’re in the market for an RV.
- You KNOW they’ve searched for RV makes, brands and models you handle.
- (They may have even looked at your exact inventory!)
- And, they’re located in your preferred geographics.
- They are your PERFECT customer! Now that’s focussed RV marketing!
Back To The Buyer Who Is On RVT Searching For An RV: life happens, the phone rings, the dog wants out, they get interrupted in their search (for today) and they leave RVT.com.
But now, over the course of an average RV buying cycle, wherever your perfect customer’s online life takes him or her – somehow, mysteriously …
- Your ad for your dealership, or
- Your special promotions or
- Your RV they were looking at …
… seem to keep showing up – on lots of different websites, all across the Web. You’re re-targeting “in-the-market” RV shoppers. Powerful.
The Fact Is …
Most online RV shoppers are not going to buy your unit today. Re-marketing is a great way of leveraging technology to keep your dealership, your offers and your RV Detail Pages in front of known-shoppers over the course of their buying cycles.
Never before have RV dealers (and Industry) had this kind of advertising power!
Consider These Examples of Re-Targeting in Action:
Dealership-branded (or RV specific) banner ads are shown across multiple websites, all over the Internet – to ONLY people you know for certain have actively shopped for …
- A Class A diesel (or you choose)
- On the West Coast (or your State, or 3 or 4 States nearest your location)
- In the past 30 days!
Use re-targeting to boost your Spring RV Show(s). Present compelling RV Show Display Ads to …
- Every RV shopper who searches RVT.com for your brands of RVs
- Within a 100 (or 200) mile radius of your store
- For 30 days before the date of your RV Show!
The possibilities are endless!
Here’s a Quick QUESTION for Dealers:
If you were considering a re-marketing campaign, strategically speaking, what length of time do you feel would drive more dealership awareness and RV Detail Page views (RVDP views) to your inventory during the average consumer’s buying cycle?
30 days? 60 days? 90 days? More? Less? Please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.