Some dealers tell us it’s getting more and more difficult to find good, clean, used RVs they can add to their inventory and earn a decent margin on.
- Trade or
- Consign their unit to a local dealer in their area.
If the private seller indicates, “Yes, I’d like to hear from dealers in my area,” we then email the 3 closest dealers and ask them to get in touch with this private seller for potential purchase or trade.
And, It’s Getting a Great Response!
We’re receiving about 100 requests a week from private sellers asking us to have dealers contact them. That means we’re sending out roughly 300 emails per week to dealers.
Keep a close eye on your email. There may be a private seller near you who wants to be contacted!
Here’s what these emails look like:
They have a photo of the unit and a link to the private seller’s ad, plus, full contact information so it’s easy for you to approach them.
ACTION ITEM: Please make your Internet Sales Staff aware of these emails.
They may not start out looking like leads but these emails ARE actual leads, so they’re of great potential value to RVT dealers.
For example, when you call the owner, find out WHY they’re selling. This will give you several key pieces of information:
- Perhaps they just want out and they are in no hurry. (No problem. “Next.”)
- Maybe they desperately NEED to sell. (Perfect.)
- Sometimes they are really ill equipped to handle an influx of buyers calling and would probably have a lot of difficulty trying to sell the unit. (Even better.)
- Perhaps they have their minds set on upgrading to a little newer, bigger, better RV – YOU sell it to them & take theirs in on trade! (Ideal.)
There are so many scenarios why families want to sell RVs. And, these “leads” have specifically asked RVT to ask YOU to call them.
You’ll want to handle these leads with care, attention and with speed. This new and exciting source of leads for you could easily result in you making a sale and receiving a trade. Win / win.
Over to You …
At RVT, we’re in the business of connecting RV buyers and RV sellers. What ideas have you been thinking about that might help connect you with more (qualified) buyers? Please let us know in the comments below.