Your customers have put real investment – of money, time and even emotion – in their RVs. They’re counting on their vehicles for comfort, safety, and the fun and freedom of the open road.
So when they choose RV travel accessories, they want to enhance the qualities their vehicle already offers. You can build sales and encourage repeat customers by integrating in-demand add-ons into your marketing.
High-tech and just plain cool
According to FunTimesGuide, the hot list includes flat-screen TVs (with a satellite dish, naturally), a back-up camera and a talking GPS.
• Something to raise the cool factor? How about a gas-powered blender, battery-free shake flashlight or massage seats.
• The biggest draw in RV travel accessories remains the simple awning. Window awnings are the new “must have,” for their ability to keep the sun out of the eyes of driver and passenger.
• For RVers with a more limited budget, simple accessories include folding chairs with integrated cup holders and table, disposable gloves to handle sewer hook-ups, crock pots and the ever-popular hammock.
How do you build interest?
• Blog about them. RVers love information about traveling in style and comfort. Your blogs can contain reviews, tips, Top 10s … and a subtle mention that your dealership can set them up with their favorite items. Keep the sales pitch to a minimum, however.
• Video them. It’s one thing to describe how a hammock works; it’s another to show people relaxing after a day of travel. If you are already using YouTube videos to promote your dealership, consider adding images of great accessories at work.
• Set up a display. Not all of your marketing is done online. Use a spare corner of your dealership to illustrate the “dream” set-up of your best RV travel accessories.
Make the right match
Your “upsell” should reflect the needs of the customer. An older RV’er may be more interested in comfort and safety than high-tech; while a coast-to-coast traveler may desire “all the comforts of home.” Matching the user to item only enhances your credibility in the long run.
Join over 1,150 RV dealers / manufacturers who receive weekly “how-to” articles about increasing RV sales from RVAdvertiser (a publication of RVT.com!)
“Another great article. Thanks for sharing with us. I always look forward to what you have to say regarding RV marketing. Please keep up the good work… it’s greatly appreciated.”
Director of Marketing
Winter Garden, FL