In this last instalment of my 3-part series on Remarketing for RV dealer advertisers, I will show you how to set up a dynamic display ad that presents your inventory in a banner ad, to your site visitors. With this powerful advertising tool, you will be able to show an RV listing to a site visitor – across the internet – who previously viewed the ad on your site.
Note: It is assumed you have the necessary tools/accounts and know how to set up a basic Remarketing Campaign using Google Analytics and Adwords.
1. SETTING UP A GOOGLE MERCHANT CENTER ACCOUNT:
In addition to the afore mentioned – you will need to sign up for a free Google Merchant Center account. This involves filling out some basic information about your company, then setting up an upload of your inventory in a specified format. If you have an RVT.com Dealership account, we can supply the feed from your RVT listings, if not you may need to consult your website provider or data management company to set up a feed.
2. INSTALLING THE DYNAMIC REMARKETING TAG TO YOUR SITE
Once your Merchant Center account is active, with your current listings loaded, you will need to install the ‘dynamic remarking tag to your site.’ This involves inserting a snippet of code into the header of all of your webpages, if this is ‘greek’ to you, consult your website developer or IT manager who should be able to easily do this within a few minutes. Full set-up instructions are found here.
3. CREATE A DYNAMIC REMARKETING CAMPAIGN IN ADWORDS
Now you are ready to set up the ad campaign in your Google Adwords account, here’s how:
- Go to your Adwords ‘Campaigns’ dashboard.
- Select “+ Campaign” and “Display Network Only”
- On the campaign settings page that comes up, next to ‘Type’, choose “Remarketing – Ads targeting…”
- Enter your daily ad budget under ”Bidding and budget”
- “Enable dynamic remarking” is checked off by default. Select your Merchant Center account from the drop down, which will create a new ‘product extension’ for your ads.
- “Save and continue”
- Enter your CPC bid
- Choose a remarking list, I would recommend using all site visitors for this first set up, but you could create a remarketing list to segment only those visitors who viewed an RV for sale on your site.
- “Save and continue”
- Set up dynamic ad creative using the easy-to-use template provided. These ads will showcase the listing(s) a visitor has already viewed on your site.
Congratulations! You have just set up a dynamic remarketing ad that will continue to show your inventory to interested RV buyers as they move across the web. Please don’t hesitate to comment if you have any questions.